[mythtv-users] PVR350 Tvout and pundit SPDIF

Duarte Cordeiro Duarte.Cordeiro at cm-lisboa.pt
Tue Nov 4 06:34:46 EST 2003

Hi,

 I've tried to understand the issues with PVR 350 and TV-Out. Gone through
the Mailing List Archives, and what I (think) I've learned is that:

 - PVR 350 TV-Out is supported in MythTV
 - PVR 350 TV-Out is really great compared to Pundit onboard tv-out
 - PVR 350 TV-Out decodes video/audio in hardware.
 - I can't use SPDIF to route dolby digital to my TV and at same time output
video to PVR 350 Tv-Out (can I ?)

So, while I will love to see live TV using Myth, I really want to use it
also to watch some DVDs.
My question:
 Am I correct that I  can't get video+digital out from my pundit, using pvr
350 tv-out + SPDIF ?
 Having the pundit+pvr350 bundle in mind, and that my tv doesn't have a DVI
input, what's the best (and supported) configuration to bring good picture
and audio quality to the TV ?

Thanks for your time,
 DC