[mythtv-users] Minimal overlap feature request

Rob Comstock mythtv at westcoastlinux.com
Mon Nov 3 18:05:29 EST 2003

I have seen NBC increase the length of a show by 1 minute at the front to start at, say, 8:59 instead of 9:00. This being the case a
show that I would want to record from 8:00 to 9:00 shows up as conflicting. I am wondering if this is a stunt by NBC to "increase
viewership".

I think it should be possible to add a recording option to allow overlap between shows of "n" minutes. Those minutes will be
recorded at the end of a previous show and trimmed from the front of the subsequent show. If the overlap exceeds the limit Myth
recording behaves as it does currently to prevent conflicts. Default allowable overlap shall be 0 minutes.  Comments?

Rob