[mythtv-users] Re: Listings off by one hour

Erik Dooper erik at dooper.com
Mon Nov 3 16:22:22 EST 2003

On Sun, 2003-11-02 at 18:02, Stefan Frank wrote:

Hi Frank,

> It shouldn't be an empty string.
>
> Can you apply the attached patch to setup, run setup again and select
> None for TimeOffset? Or simply change it manually in the db to 'None'
> (without the ticks).
>
> Unfortunatelly this probably won't change anything for you, but give it
> a try!

Indeed, this did not change anything, listings were again off by one
hour.

> Remember to empty the program and programrating tables before running
> mythfilldatabase again.

Strangely enough, when I do that I get a lot of duplicate key errors,
even when mythfilldatabase is
operating on an empty program table. I don't see any problems with the
listings in MythTV though,
so I don't suppose it's a problem.

> This will import the program start/stop times as they are, ignoring the
> timezone. It should result in correct times _if_ your computers timezone
> match the one in the xml files _and_ the xml time spec. is actually
> correct. I have seen provider listings specifying the wrong timezone
> (setting it to +0100 when in fact the start/stop times were in +0200).

I got an announcement of XMLTV 0.5.20, in which a number of problems
were fixed related to wintertime.
After installing this, and making sure my hardware clock was set to UTC
(hwclock --systohc --utc)
the listings were on time again.

> What is your H/W clock set to: UTC or localtime? I've set mine to UTC.

I think it was, but to be honest, I am not sure. It is set to UTC now, and
together with the XMLTV update and your fix, things seem OK for now.

Thanks a lot for your help,

Erik