[mythtv-users] PVR-350 TVOut almost working; get sound, no video

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Mon Nov 3 15:57:09 EST 2003

Yep, have saa7127 loaded. I'm unable to run the command 'ivtvfbctl
/dev/fb1 -noglobalalpha -localalpha'. I get an error: 'Failed to open
/dev/fb1: No such device'

I updated the X86Config as per the ivtv-fb.c hoping that would somehow
make a difference. There is a /dev/fb1, but I assume that doesn't mean
it's an available device. /dev/fb1 has grp ownership by the user I'm
logged in as, mythtv. I also tried a chmod 666 on it.

Any suggestions on this? I search the archives first and came up empty
on solutions. The only thing I saw close was some talk of using fbset.
If I need to use fbset, what parameters should I use?

My current X86Config file is below.

Thanks,
James

# XFree86 4 configuration created by redhat-config-xfree86

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "Default Layout"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
        InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
        InputDevice    "DevInputMice" "AlwaysCore"

        Screen 1 "TV Screen" RightOf "Screen0"  # << (TV screen)
EndSection

Section "Files"

# RgbPath is the location of the RGB database.  Note, this is the name
of the
# file minus the extension (like ".txt" or ".db").  There is normally
# no need to change the default.
# Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (they are concatenated together)
# By default, Red Hat 6.0 and later now use a font server independent of
# the X server to render fonts.
        RgbPath      "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
        FontPath     "unix/:7100"
EndSection

Section "Module"
        Load  "dbe"
        Load  "extmod"
        Load  "fbdevhw"
        Load  "glx"
        Load  "record"
        Load  "freetype"
        Load  "type1"
        Load  "dri"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

# Specify which keyboard LEDs can be user-controlled (eg, with xset(1))
#       Option  "Xleds"         "1 2 3"
# To disable the XKEYBOARD extension, uncomment XkbDisable.
#       Option  "XkbDisable"
# To customise the XKB settings to suit your keyboard, modify the
# lines below (which are the defaults).  For example, for a non-U.S.
# keyboard, you will probably want to use:
#       Option  "XkbModel"      "pc102"
# If you have a US Microsoft Natural keyboard, you can use:
#       Option  "XkbModel"      "microsoft"
#
# Then to change the language, change the Layout setting.
# For example, a german layout can be obtained with:
#       Option  "XkbLayout"     "de"
# or:
#       Option  "XkbLayout"     "de"
#       Option  "XkbVariant"    "nodeadkeys"
#
# If you'd like to switch the positions of your capslock and
# control keys, use:
#       Option  "XkbOptions"    "ctrl:swapcaps"
# Or if you just want both to be control, use:
#       Option  "XkbOptions"    "ctrl:nocaps"
#
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Driver      "keyboard"
        Option      "XkbRules" "xfree86"
        Option      "XkbModel" "pc105"
        Option      "XkbLayout" "us"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "PS/2"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/psaux"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

# If the normal CorePointer mouse is not a USB mouse then
# this input device can be used in AlwaysCore mode to let you
# also use USB mice at the same time.
        Identifier  "DevInputMice"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "Monitor0"
        VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
        ModelName    "CTX VL950 series, EX950 series, PL9 series"
        HorizSync    30.0 - 95.0
        VertRefresh  50.0 - 160.0
        Option      "dpms"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "i810"
        VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
        BoardName   "Intel 815"
        VideoRam    16384
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen0"
        Device     "Videocard0"
        Monitor    "Monitor0"
        DefaultDepth     24
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth     24
                Modes    "800x600" "640x480"
        EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "DRI"
        Group        0
        Mode         0666
EndSection

#############################
####### Added for MythTV
#############################
Section "Monitor"
    Identifier  "NTSC Monitor"
    HorizSync  30-68
    VertRefresh 50-120
    Mode "720x480"
      # D: 34.563 MHz, H: 37.244 kHz, V: 73.897 Hz
      DotClock 34.564
      HTimings 720 752 840 928
      VTimings 480 484 488 504
      Flags    "-HSync" "-VSync"
    EndMode
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "Hauppauge PVR 350 iTVC15 Framebuffer"
    Driver      "fbdev"
    Option      "fbdev" "/dev/fb1"      # <-- modify if using another
device
    BusID "0:10:0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
  Identifier  "TV Screen"
  Device      "Hauppauge PVR 350 iTVC15 Framebuffer"
  Monitor     "NTSC Monitor"
  DefaultDepth 24
  DefaultFbbpp 32
  Subsection "Display"