[mythtv-users] Commercial Skip Questions

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sun Nov 2 22:13:06 EST 2003

<snip talk about Commercial detection and CSI>

> I remember reading someplace that the producers of CSI actually took Tivo
> type devices in mind in the programming (starts at 7:59 CST instead of 8)
> and they butt the show directly against the commercials leaving 1 or 2
> frames of black only.

The commercial detection code should work even with only 1 blank frame
between commercials.  I think it gets confused sometimes with CSI because
they have so many dark scenes.  I just made a change in my source and am
going to see if it helps get more accurate on shows like this.

The detection code also should be looking at the intervals of blank
frames, so it knows/assumes commercials are certain lengths and won't flag
something as a commercial if it's separated by blank frames 21 seconds apart
for instance since commercials aren't usually found that length..

--

Chris