[mythtv-users] Downgrade, MythTV 0.12 -> 0.11

Steve s019 at krans.org
Sun Nov 2 21:41:23 EST 2003

On Sat, Nov 01, 2003 at 09:24:56AM -1000,  James L. Paul wrote:
> I apologize for not being familiar with your problem, but if your problem is
> only with the latest ivtv drivers, why not just drop back to the version of
> the driver that worked for you?
>
> Have you identified the cause of your MPEG2 problems to be something in MythTV
> 0.12? I don't understand how poor results with the ivtv driver will be fixed
> by downgrading to 0.11 and want to make sure I haven't missed understanding
> something important.

I don't think MythTV is causing my poor recording quality; I think, over
many attempts to get things working, I tried downgrading the ivtv drivers
to what I was using previously (with 0.11) and MythTV 0.12 complained about
not being able to set something with ivtv correctly.

I did post a more thorough explaination of what was going on but no one
responded, so downgrading now seems like the only option.  I was trying to
figure out what database changes I need to reverse to get back to 0.11.

Thanks,
Steve