[mythtv-users] Which is best for MythTV: Analog Cable, Digital Cable, or Satellite?

Robert Kulagowski bob at smalltime.com
Sat Nov 1 23:55:25 EST 2003

 > I also recently discoved that ReplayTV
> (Tivo's newest competitor in the PVR appliance business) is also runs
> on Linux.

Doesn't it run VxWorks?

Anyway, analog cable will be cheapest and simplest at this point.
Cheapest, because with a good quality splitter you can drive multiple
tuner cards at the same time.  Simplest, because you don't need to use
an IR blaster or serial cable to control a set top box.

As far as quality is concerned, sure, analog cable isn't the absolute
best out there, but it's just television.