[mythtv-users] Burning DVD's from inside the Myth

A Listman listman1 at baysidenetworks.com
Sat Nov 1 13:31:04 EST 2003

I am running Myth 0.11 on Redhat9 and overall am very happy with it.

For now, I burn some of the video I record out to DVD's using Nero on
my Windows PC.  The process works - but it is very slow and ties up the
Windows PC for many many hours as the video is recoded to DVD format
(VOB).

Can anyone comment on when Myth might include the ability to burn out
to DVD's from within the Myth menus?   I understand that transcoding
works better with Myth 0.12 but it doesn't look like the burn to DVD
process is in the menus yet.

I know I can run the burn manually using the usual Linux burning tools
but it would be much nicer if there was a way for non-technical types
(like my wife) could burn DVD's from directly within the interface.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Chris