[mythtv-users] MythDVD Rip Problem

thor mythtv at lamedomainname.com
Sat Nov 1 04:41:35 EST 2003

On Friday 31 October 2003 07:31 pm, Christian Joly wrote:
> 1 - After several iterations, I managed to somewhat
> get further in my attempt to make the Rip feature of
> MythDVD to work. I have not found a documentation
> telling that you had to run a daemon called mtd and
> after doing this, I was able to go to selecting VOBs
> to rip.

	You can launch it from within the GUI. If the client doesn't find the
mtd running, it will ask you to hit any number key to start it.

> After selecting 2 VOBs to rip,
> then I tried to hit 0 to start the ripping process and
> it started to display a screen telling me that
> there was no job and nothing else to do.

	You want to look in the mtd.log (where it is depends on where you
said it should be in setup). The most likely culprit is that you do
not have transcode installed, or have a different version installed
than what is suggested in the README.

- thor