[mythtv-users] Change Channel on PVR-250

Robert Schultz robert at cosmicrealms.com
Sat May 31 23:00:56 EDT 2003

Isaac F. wrote:

>Do you have the default input set to "Tuner 0" on the Capture Card
>screen under Setup for your PVR 250?
>
>It might help if you share your current settings for the card.
>
>IF
>
>In our last episode entitled '[mythtv-users] Change Channel on PVR-250', Michael Libeskind wrote:
>

>>Just upgraded to a PVR-250 today.
>>It's a lot nicer than my old card, but I can not get mythtv to change the
>>channel of the card.
>>If I tun the ptune.pl script I can change the channel.  The database looks
>>like it got populated by mythfilldatabase correctly.
>>Any ideas?
>>
>>I was running version 0.8 before today when I upgraded to the CVS version.
>>I wipped out my entire database and started over during the upgrade.

I just installed MythTV today, and I'm running RedHat 9.0 and MythTV
latest CVS version (from this morning)

I can't change channels either. Everything else works fine except that.
I get the error: "QTime::fromString: Parameter out of range."
It pops up a 'overlay' with the time at the top and a empty blue box at
the bottom for a few seconds, then it fades out. Never changes channel.
I've been all thru the archives, and most people fixed this problem by
ensuring that "Tuner 0" was selected from the Caputre Card setup.
I've ensured this. For some reason it said "Televison" when I first went
into it.
So I changed it to Tuner 0 but no help.
I checked the database, doing a select * from capturecards; or whatever,
and it indeed says Tuner 0 in the database so it's surely set.

Anyone else out there with PVR 250's having trouble changing channels
with the latest CVS source?

--
To an optimist the glass is half full.
To a pessimist the glass is half empty.