[mythtv-users] Several Problems with my WinTV PVR 250 MythTV Box

Robert Schultz robert at cosmicrealms.com
Sat May 31 21:42:41 EDT 2003

Robert Schultz wrote:

> Isaac Richards wrote:
>
>>> Secondly, if I go into MythTV and choose to 'Watch TV' it comes up just
>>> fine and I'm now watching TV.
>>> However, if I hit 'ESCAPE' to go back to the TV menu scren, once it
>>> makes it to the screen Myth totally stops responding.
>>> Arrow keys don't do anything, and neither does escape.
>>> It's as if it just decided to stop listening for input.
>>
>> Sounds like you're not running a window manager on there, or are
>> running one that doesn't work properly wrt keyboard focus.
>
> So I tried running it on the same display, without doing the export
> DISPLAY to the TV.
> It worked!
>
> Right now I'm working on finding out if there is a way I can better
> 'direct' things to the second screen, including keyboard input.
>
> If anyone has any ideas on how to direct certain input only to a
> single screen, or run things only on a single screen.. :)

Okay, cool stuff.
I export my display, and run Eterm &
That gives me an Eterm window no my TV.
I move my mouse over to it and start Mythfrontend there!
And everything works great, as long as I keep 'focus' on that window on
that screen.

So all I have to do now is figure out how to redirect irxevent signals
to a specific window!
And .lircrc files have that capabilit built in (to both window name and
window ID).
Once I figure out how that works, it should be all set.

As well as it's working now, I'm having another problem, but it probably
has to do with my not understanding what the buttons are set up to do.

Oh, and my resoution is kinda weird. I can't see probably a half an inch
of text to the left and top of the screen.
Will have to play with resolutions somehow :)

Thanks for your help folks. I'm sure I have a ways to go still, but I'm
on my way.

--
To an optimist the glass is half full.
To a pessimist the glass is half empty.