[mythtv-users] Database error when trying to run MythTV

Michael Williams tekzel at yahoo.com
Sat May 31 12:31:16 EDT 2003

Hi guys. Have a little problem that I hope someone can
help me with.  I am running MythTV 0.8, Redhat 9.  I
have built MythTV successfully, had some troubles
there.  QT 3.1 came preinstalled but in
/usr/lib/qt-3.1.  Being a Linux newbie this did get me
for a bit heh.  Anyway, after building it, and running
mythfilldatabase I get this error when trying to run
MythTV.  Any idea what might be the problem?  One
other piece of info, I initially had a similar error
regarding not being able to connect to the database
when running setup, but found that I hadnt installed
qt-MySQL.  Found the RPM and installed it and setup
ran  fine.  While running mythfilldatabase I got the
message below quite a few times.  I hope I have given
enough info for someone to help me. Thanks for any
help!

Error message below -->

Session management error: Authentication Rejected,
reason : None of the authentication protocols
specified are supported and host-based authentication
failed
connecting to backend server: 127.0.0.1:6543
Could not connect to backend server