[mythtv-users] Basic requirements (hardware)

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Fri May 30 23:25:45 EDT 2003

On Friday 30 May 2003 08:42 pm, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> On Friday 30 May 2003 05:05 pm, Andrew Ingram wrote:
> > Is there any word about when MythTV will support programmable bitrates
> > for the PVR250?
>
> Once the ivtv driver supports it, I would imagine...

The driver does, actually, it's just that the interface for changing it isn't
the final one, so I don't really see any point in supporting it or the other
encoding options just yet.  The various options do persist until a reboot, so
unless you want different recording options for live-tv and scheduled
recordings (and I can't think of a reason why you would), the test_ioctl
program's plenty enough to take care of setting the bitrate for now.

Isaac