[mythtv-users] Help with channel setup in the UK.

Mark Levitt mark.levitt at ntlworld.com
Sat May 31 01:37:08 EDT 2003

Hi,
I finally got mythtv actually running. I.e., I can run the mythfrontend
and see the GUI. Wow! It looks very slick and professional.

Now on to my problem...

I've gone through the Configuring Mythtv intructions. I've gotten xmltv
configured and I can go into the program guide and see shows that look
like they're right (UK shows on the channels and times I expect).

I set up the database with mythfilldatabase --manual.

But here's the problem, I can't seem to figure out how to tell mythtv
what frequency to use with my WinTV PVR-250.

I know setting PAL and Europe-west should work, but when using the ivtv
driver utilities, I have to change channels  with the frequency number
because the frequencies used by Video::Frequencies don't really work.

For example, if I do ./ptune.pl -F 624000 ; cat /dev/video0 > ~/test.mpg
and then play test.mpg, I see BBC2.

So, how do I tell Mythtv that BBC2 is at 624000?

Thanks.