[mythtv-users] Working hard on black screens

Jeff C tuner at hfx.eastlink.ca
Fri May 30 21:36:25 EDT 2003

Hello all,

Just a quick question, my wife and I were watching Anna and the King
tonight, which we recorded last week and we have noticed that when the
screen fades to black just before the commercials the system really slogs
through things and the audio skips.  Is this normal behaviour?

I also noticed that the system has a hard time with the mostly black screen
at the opening credits of Curb Your Enthusiasm.  Is anyone else
experiencing this?  I am encoding with a PVR 250 ona Duron 1Ghz machine
with 384MB of RAM.

Thanks.

-Jeff