[mythtv-users] mythtv recompile because of new CPU

dmezzetti dmezzetti at web.de
Fri May 30 21:08:47 EDT 2003

I only have a standard miro PCTV. I thought about buying a PVR-250 but I
only have very bad TV quality
because I have stolen cable TV from my Grandma and I have about 20
metres cable lying through the whole house.
The cable TV is only for my computer. My real TV uses a satellite
dish.But MythTV is so great that I plan on using it
on my real TV and with the bad image quality I have there's no
difference if I use 320x240 or 480x480. So best
hardware solution for me would be something like a PVR-250 with a Sat-Tuner.

About recompiling. Sure, both CPU have MMX but only the P3 has SSE. Does
Mythtv use SSE ?