[mythtv-users] Setup ALSA, now my Audigy doesn't work, please help lol

Chris Germano netslayer at hotmail.com
Thu May 29 18:35:04 EDT 2003

Alright I loaded the ALSA drivers exactly as the mythtv docs say but it
doesnt seam the driver is working. When I go "alsactl -f /etc/asound.state
store" I get "save_state:1048: No soundcards found." If I then go into
HardDrake and look up the card, and run the draksound config tool I get
"Error: The "" driver for your sound card is unlisted." So basicaly it's
screwed now!

The board is an Creative Labs Audigy based on the EMU10K2 (yes 2) chipset.
When installing ASLA I specified emu10k1, since there is no emu10k2 drivers
available for this card. I have heard reports around that this driver will
work, I mean the new EMU10K2 chip is what the new Audigy 2 run on as well.
It all compiled and installed fine, I also edited the /etc/modules.conf like
the myth docs say. What can I do to get this card working? All the links to
the ALSA mailing lists are all broken at the site now lol, so you guys are
my only hope. If there is a log you want me to post, just let me know.