[mythtv-users] ASUS Pundit Questions

Doug Miller dmiller at flcommunications.com
Thu May 29 17:49:41 EDT 2003

> > I actually have the remote and it doesn't exactly transmit keyboard
> > signals. In order to getit to work I had to install the ati_remote
> > kernel module from gatos. This module connects to the remote receiver on
> > the USB port and converts the signals to keyboard input. So it might not
> > work exactly s you want, but it may. Hope that helps some.
>
> Good to know, I guess..  I just assumed that it was straight usb
> keyboard (I've seen others, and some built-in IR ones that do that) -
> weird that it has its own protocol.
>
> -Chris

I also have this remote, and I like it very much.  If you aren't happy with
what a key is sending,
or you can't remap it, just go into ati_remote.c and change what the key
sends to what you want
it to send, then recompile it.  i.e. if you want to have the "d" key send
"i", just change the line
{KIND_FILTERED, 0xde, 0x19, EV_KEY, KEY_D, 1},
{KIND_FILTERED, 0xde, 0x19, EV_KEY, KEY_I, 1},
and then recompile and load the driver.  now your d key will send an i!
Hope that made sense!
Doug