[mythtv-users] Feature Request - File naming change

Joseph H. Fry joe at thefrys.com
Wed May 28 02:08:10 EDT 2003

So how about an additional mailing list for Suggestions... one in which
the potential developers out there can fully develop an idea with the
users or at least users can add there 2 cents... you have to admit that
some of the suggestions that have come across have been pretty good...
even ones from those without the development background.. like this one
for example.

I'd just be happy with simply a text file placed in the recording
directory to cross reference the recorded files with the name and
details... that should be pretty easy?  Hell, make it delimited so a
person could open it in excel or access on a windows box and sort the
entry's by title or date or whatever.

Either way Issac... if you were developing this for yourself alone, and
by yourself you probably would have given up long ago... Myth has a life
of it's own now... sure it's your baby, and no one can tell you how to
raise him... but what good father doesn't take good advise into
consideration even if the person offering it isn't willing to baby-sit.
But we all have your baby's best interest in mind ;-)

Please don't flame those with ideas... myth is nothing but a compilation
of ideas that has become reality... You never know, someone reading this
list might be afraid to suggest the one idea that you never thought of
and wished you did.

I say keep the ideas coming, and you developers keep running with the
best of them.  I just wish I had your expertise... you better believe
I'd help if I could!

Joe