[mythtv-users] Can't change capture resolution

f-win at gmx.net f-win at gmx.net
Wed May 28 00:19:12 EDT 2003

Hi, I am using the mythTV CVS version with a Haupauge PVR250. The big
question is how to change the capture resolution. In the Recording settings are
three different menu items (Custom, Tanscode...) when I choose I can change the
Item again and get now one more item called Movie. I tried to set the
resolution to 720x480 for all items. mythTV still captures with 480x480. Whats the
meaning of the diffent items and how are they assosiated with the recording?

On some channels my PVR records pictures which have an very light shadow
of the original picture. Looks like a watermark (not the issue from the
ghost thread). My TV hooked up to the same cable does not have this problem.
Is
this a tuning problem? What can be done to solve this issue?
Thanks a lot,
Florian