[mythtv-users] Re: LiveTV with via M-9000 board

Kevin J. Slater kslater at pobox.com
Tue May 27 13:56:28 EDT 2003

Peter,

sorry that I didn't answer on this earlier. I have a M9000 that I do live tv
with. But I'm only able to get RTJPEG at 320 x 240 running well enough to
consider it usable. Even that is a stretch. If I look at the top summary when
it's running I only have about 5 - 8 % free cpu cycles. (I'm using an ATI TV
Wonder VE, so everything is being done in software.) Some have suggested that if
I drop Gnome for a lighter weight window manager I may get another 10 % from the
cpu. That might make it possible to move up a little, but my real hope lies with
the EPIA M10000 instead. (And a PVR-250 card eventually.)

...Kevin