[mythtv-users] Sound issues

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue May 27 11:05:16 EDT 2003

Sounds like you don't have ALSA installed properly.  Did you run the
'snddevices' script when you installed ALSA?  Do you have sound from any
other applications (XMMS, etc)?  Sound from Xawtv doesn't count, as that's a
direct sound card pass-thru, and doesn't (AFAIK) use the sound card driver.
(I assume you're using the 'tuner card line-out to sound card line-in'
setup.  Have you tried to see if btaudio works on your card?  Your lspci
output seems to indicate you could, as it shows a detected Brooktree Audio
Capture device)  If you got btaudio working, then you would at least be able
to record sound.  Playback of sound would still be dependent on having a
correctly functioning audio driver setup, though since you wouldn't be using
full duplex you could probably get away with the OSS sound drivers & use the
RedHat sound configuration program to set them up.

-JAC