[mythtv-users] Removing scheduled recordings

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Mon May 26 22:05:40 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-05-26 at 20:40, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> I don't believe you can go into the program finder and say "Don't record
> this episode of this show even though it would normally be recorded because
> it matches one of my setup recordings."  That functionality is being discussed
> right now on one of the mailing lists but it's not currently part of the code.

Mmmm... I couldn't do it in today's CVS version, but I'm pretty sure it
was part of the 0.8 version.  Wait - I just checked.  You're right - I
was mistaken.  Sorry about that... it turns out that I can record
one-off episodes, but I can't flag exceptions (unless they could somehow
be flagged as sort-of-conflicts and thus removed from the list...)

Ah well... funny thing is, this would be a pretty good feature
(especially considering the side of recordings and the need to conserve
disk space until I can get a higher capacity drive...)  Classic example
would be wanting to exclude some (or all) episodes of show marathons,
while still getting the ones you want to watch...

Is it a days-, weeks-, or months-to implementation issue?

Incidentally, is expiring old recordings after a certain age threshold
part of the TODO list?

	-I
--
                       Ian Forde, RHCE, CCSE, SCNA, SCDME