[mythtv-users] IR Transmitter help with RC, receiving some errors

Matt matt at solecize.com
Mon May 26 22:09:49 EDT 2003

Ok, I just figured this out.

kill lircd

Go to your lirc directory and inspect your config.log  at the top there
should be the configure line that it used, something like:

./configure --with-module-dir=/lib/modules/2.4.20-8fb/misc --with-x
--with-driver=serial --with-major=61 --with-port=0x3f8 --with-irq=4

copy this line somewhere
then run make clean
rmmod and delete the existing lirc_serial.o from /lib/modules/....... or
wherever it is

now, instead of running the setup.sh that comes with lirc, tack on
"--with-transmitter" to the end, and run configure from the command
line, something like this:

./configure --with-module-dir=/lib/modules/2.4.20-8fb/misc --with-x
--with-driver=serial --with-major=61 --with-port=0x3f8 --with-irq=4
--with-transmitter

then run make and make install

modprobe lirc_serial

then start lircd again