[mythtv-users] RE: HD, AverTV, & WinTV 250 sale

Vince Busam vince at busam.com
Mon May 26 13:56:11 EDT 2003

Couple of point I found out the hard way.

1.  160GB disk NOT supported by my BIOS (137GB max supported) and Maxtor does
not provide Linux support.  So I'm jumping through hoops to get the drive to
work, even using only 137GB of the drive.  (Still working on this.)

2.  The Aver TV card I got has the Conexant chip (Fusion 878A), which (if I
recall correctly) previous posts and the MythTV install guide say is not well
supported under Linux.