[mythtv-users] mythtv freezes when changing channels

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon May 26 15:59:00 EDT 2003

> If I change the channel more than once, even when using the "O" browse
> mode, it just freezes up and I have to kill it.  The first channel
> change goes fine, but the second time is when it freees up. This happens
> every time.
>
> Is there a way to view more debugging info? There's no output from
> either mythfrontend or mythbackend.

I believe the howto has instructions for how to submit a good bug report
using gdb and sending in a backtrace.

One comment though.  The 'O' browse mode does not change the channel at
all, it just searches through the database showing channel info.  So if
both browse mode and normal channel changing can cause something to freeze
then the problems are possibly unrelated or unrelated to channel changing
at least since browse doesn't actualy change the channel.

Send in a backtrace using the howto instructions and we'll see if someone
can help.

Chris