[mythtv-users] Taking the plunge - General questions aboutsetup and PVR250

Daniel Jimenez mythtv at cuban.cc
Mon May 26 12:28:41 EDT 2003

Could you repost a link to that doc?

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at snowman.net
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at snowman.net] On Behalf Of Jeff C
Sent: Monday, May 26, 2003 9:44 AM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Taking the plunge - General questions
aboutsetup and PVR250

At 10:33 AM 5/26/2003 -0400, you wrote:

> > On Mon, 2003-05-26 at 08:04, Myth wrote:
> >But if I wanted "plug-and-play" I'd keep using my TIVO.
>
>Oh no I realize it isn't going to be plug and play and I am very
comfortable
>at the command prompt.   I just hate redhat as a general rule and would
>prefer to be working on a BSD based distro.  That isn't an option here
so I
>was hoping somone could recommend a linux variant that works and does
not
>have the "quirks" that redhat has.  :)

Despite two weeks of teething I went through, it is actually very
straightforward to get Myth (CVS version as well) running quickly on a
RedHat 9 system.  In fact I did a format and reinstall and had
everything
up and running, including my remote, in one morning.  I posted a doc
earlier in the week to the list that outlines how to get things going on

Myth (at least with a PVR 250 although I udnerstand others have used
regulat TV tuner cards and had luck as well).  I have some requested
updating to do to the doc and will make it available in updated format
soon.

-Jeff