[mythtv-users] Feature Request - File naming change

Jeff C tuner at hfx.eastlink.ca
Mon May 26 13:25:26 EDT 2003

I was wondering if it might be under consideration to use a file naming
convention for recordings that included more information on the content of
the files?  My wife and I have been thoroughly enjoying our Myth box and
the entire Myth experience and as we use it more we are getting more
intrigued with spreading things out around the house, or being able to
watch shows from our home office.  Using Samba and media player is fairly
straight forward to get our MPEG files (we have a PVR 250 card) running on
our desktop or laptop PC, however it is fairly cryptic as to which file is
which show.

Given that there is specific time, date and naming information, even
descriptive details for the shows, I was wondering if the developers would
consider a change in the file naming convention.  I would like to suggest
something like:

DATE.TIME.CHANNEL.SHOW NAME.DESC 32 CHARS.nuv

What do others think?

Also, I was wondering if there is a more formal way to make
feature/suggestion requests.  If there is a web page or a desired format
with required fields, I would be happy to invest some time in properly
documenting some thoughts/ideas I'd like to offer to the development team.

-Jeff