[mythtv-users] Re:No Sound, please advise

Alexander P. Petkov ap154036 at selway.umt.edu
Mon May 26 07:52:19 EDT 2003

QUOTE:
--------------------
 have been tring all sorts of different things to get mythtv working
with
sound... However, if I start mythtv I
can't hear anything out.  Is it reqed that I go to the alsa drivers??

I had the same thing happening when I first installed Myth and  used
the kernel sound driver. It turned out that sound worked through the
front pair of speakers only for /dev/dsp. I was trying to hear
something through the rear set of speakers.  It didn't work until I
switched on the front set, just something to check.

Alex