[mythtv-users] Hard crash, where to begin?

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Sun May 25 18:11:56 EDT 2003

First thing I'd check is if the sound drivers are working in a sane
manner.

1. Exit mythtv and use mpg321 to play an mp3 file.
2. Use mplayer on the command line to play a mpg/avi file.
and play a mpg/avi file.
4. Watch live tv from within mythtv.

Let's say all of that works with the OSS drivers (as in: you get sound),
then the question is whether or not you're using btaudio... fix your
/etc/modules.conf so that you're no longer using btaudio, then try
mythtv to watch live tv again.

If none of the above steps worked, switch to alsa and try again... Alsa
isn't really that hard to set up.  Then again, I've done it several
dozen times over the last year... ;)

	-I