[mythtv-users] Install tips for RH9 and PVR250 owners for Myth

Jeff C tuner at hfx.eastlink.ca
Sun May 25 12:02:40 EDT 2003

At 05:03 PM 5/24/2003 -0700, you wrote:
> > From: Jeff C <tuner at hfx.eastlink.ca>
> > ECS K7S5APRO Motherboard with SiS 735 chipset
> > SBLive! PCI Soundcard
>
>Just out of curiosity, why did you not go with
>the onboard audio?

Thinking back, I was having issues with it, but to be fair I think they
were related to a large number of other outstanding things that are now
resolved.  Now that you mention it, it would be worthwhile to go back and
see if it works acceptably with the onboard audio.  Down the road I will
still want the SBLive card as I do intent to swap out the CD drive for the
DVD from my desktop that I don't use - and thus turn this in to a DVD
playing machine as well, so the 5.1 will matter... But in the mean time,
and in the interests of costs - you make a good point.  As I recall the
onboard audio is also detected by the kernel.  If anyone else has tried it
and had success, please let me know.

-Jeff