[mythtv-users] Install tips for RH9 and PVR250 owners for Myth

Jeff C tuner at hfx.eastlink.ca
Sun May 25 11:53:50 EDT 2003

At 11:13 PM 5/24/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>At 01:24 PM 5/24/03 -0300, Jeff C wrote:
>>6. GET AND INSTALL THE LATEST NVIDIA DRIVERS
>
>One thing I'd like to add to Jeff's verbage here (are you taking edits
>Jeff? :-):  he omits the section of his XF86Config file that deals with
>Modules.  The README (under /usr/share/docs/NVIDIA_GLX-1.0) notes that you
>have to not only add the new glx module (which appears to be automatic)
>but remove any old modules that were related to your previous driver (the
>README lists particular ones, so don't worry if you don't know what ones
>might be related).  In particular, I had 'Load "dri"' in my Modules
>section and it was causing bizarre things like the desktop icons being
>invisible, menu items not showing up until you moused over them or not at
>all, etc.

Definitely taking edits Pete, thanks for pointing this out...  Although I
would mention that while I didn't specifically comment on them, I do
believe the config file shows the modules as already commented in/out as
appropriately.  I believe the DRI section is commented out at the bottom of
my file... At least I'm not seeing any strange behaviour if I missed it. :)

>Wasn't a huge problem, not hard to find the right solution, but I figured
>I'd point it out for completeness.

Did you try using my file verbatim or did you just cut and paste the parts
you wanted?

>I haven't gotten any further in the instructions, but they have been a
>great help so far in my first build :-)  Thanks Jeff!

I'm glad I could help.  Since I spent 2 weeks banging my head I wanted to
help others avoid all that pain.

-Jeff