[mythtv-users] Help please?

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Sat May 24 08:38:43 EDT 2003

At 12:01 AM 5/24/2003 -0700, tekchip wrote:
>A correction.....lame was not causing me problems it's libcdaudio
>that is causing me problems on debian. I need libcdaudio installed
>which requires libc6 which requires libnss-db. The version of libc6
>that comes with debian according to the apt repository at debian
>security is the most up to date stable version available. Attempting
>to install  libc6 2.3.5(which is required by libcdaudio) tells me
>that libnss-db is not the right version and it wont install libc6. It
>doesn't suggest a more up to date version of libnss-db than the
>2.2.xx that is all ready installed. I have no idea where to find a
>more up to date version of libnss-db. Google search's turn up only
>2.2 versions. Thanks again for the help!
[old stuff deleted]

I'm getting a bit confused here.

1. Does MythTV really require the cdaudio package (a library used for
controlling audio CD playback)? For what purpose?

2. I don't have Woody running here, but Sid's package database says that
libcdaudio0 (the package name) depends on "libc6 (>= 2.3.1-1)", not 2.3.5
specifically. Even Sid, which is generally more bleeding edge that Woody,
only uses version 2.3.1-17 of libc6, not 2.3.5-x.

3. In the Sid package list, I cannot find a dependency of libc6 on
libnss-db (though I find that libnss-db does depend on libc6). So it would
be useful if you were to clarify the messages you are actually getting (and
maybe the details of what you are doing - are you using online Debian
repositories or a CD set? apt-get/cache or dselect/dpkg? You get the idea).

I might be able to offer some help but, given this information, you are
going to need to be a bit more specific about the source of your problem.
(It might be a Woody vs Sid difference, though, in which case I won't be
much help.)