[mythtv-users] Watching current recording in progress drops back to menu

Christian Hack christianh at pdd.edmi.com.au
Sat May 24 14:56:29 EDT 2003

Edit : Excuse the novel but I was trying to be complete.

If I'm watching a recording that is currently in progress, I get dropped
back to the watch recordings menu after a random period of watching.
Generally takes less than a minute. It seems to happen more often the closer
I am to where the recording currently is. Particularly if the difference is
smallish i.e less than a couple of minutes.

Typcial sequence is I get home a bit late to watch something I am recording.
I then catch up to the real point in time by skipping commercials.

* It never drops out watching a finished recording
* Using the verbose mode of mythbackend doesn't show anything unusual.
Nothing is crashing/quitting unexpectedly
* At first I thought that somehow the playback was ever so slightly faster
than real time,  but using position screen shows the recording and playback
speeds to be identical.
* It would appear that Myth is correctly not letting me fast forward off the
end of the current recording, but if completely catch up to real time, it
will drop back to the menu with a few seconds.

Anyone else seeing this? Quite annoying to when it keeps dropping back and
then you have to start from the beginning of the recording and then fast
forward through to where you were only to have it drop out again.

I don't know where to start looking in the code for this but before I do, I
wanted to find out if anyone else is seeing this.

I'm using ext2 filesystem with the noatime set if that might make a
difference. I writing this line, I just tried changing my recording
directory to a Samba share I have on Windows machine. I dropped back exactly
the same way.

Christian