[mythtv-users] business use of mythtv

Wally wally at satx.rr.com
Fri May 23 19:12:51 EDT 2003

I am a computer consultant and I love using mythtv at home. You guys
have even motivated me to review some c++ from school so I can start
working on it(give me another month).
So here is my question:
I support a large organization that needs to keep track of news
broadcasts. Right now they have 10 13" tv/vcr comboes and a room full of
cassettes (over 1000). It is a pain; I cringe when I go in there after
using myth. So, I was thinking what about doing 5 mythbackends with 2
tuners each and a 2 terabyte nfs server? Or, and I am not kidding, a
beowulf running the backend? And I was thinking I could have them stream
videos to the executives who need to review it (just throw mythfrontend
on their box - what a great way to convert them to linux). Would the
standard hauppauge be best or a pvr? I remeber reading you can only
use one pvr/machine with the current drivers - so a hauppage and a
pvr? I would probably also need to have an easy
frontend to burn vcd's or at least a bunch of smaller video files to cd
easily (read dumb users can figure it out). Also, if anyone here would
want to work on a project for doing this I could probably get a budget
approved that would be worth your while.

Thanks,
Wally