[mythtv-users] pvr250 recorded file format

Jeff C tuner at hfx.eastlink.ca
Fri May 23 16:46:56 EDT 2003

At 09:45 AM 5/23/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>I'm thinking of getting a PVR-250 for use with Mythtv.  I just have one
>question.
>
>What file format does PVR-250 record to (using the on board mpeg encoder)?
>MPEG-2, MPEG-4, RTJPEG?  If it is MPEG-2, does mythtv play back MPEG-2 files?

I believe the stream is MPEG2, I am actually no certain.  The card is well
supported in the current CVS release of MythTV, but bear in mind the
drivers you need (ivtv.sf.net) are very alpha but they also work well with
myth as of this writing.

Myth plays back the files just fine, and they can be played without any
conversion on a windows system with the latest media player - even thought
it complains of a missing codec, it proceeds to play the file (windows that
is).

-Jeff