[mythtv-users] pvr-350 sound issues

John Kinsella jlk at thrashyour.com
Fri May 23 10:58:31 EDT 2003

Yeah, I don't think(hope) that MythTV is encoding the audio, should be
part of the mp2 stream.  But, Leigh kickstarted my brain (maybe it's the
sleep ;) so I started tinkering with the setup stuff for record and
playback.  Once I changed the audio out device from /dev/adsp to
/dev/sound/dsp, I realized how people felt when they first saw a film
with sound synced to it. ;)

So, thanks for the thoughts - what I'm left with is a functioning
system, except mythtv is taking up 85% of my cpu(celeron 1.1ghz) causing
a load of about 1.6, which is resulting in a bit of audio skipping.
Will tinker with that, seems like the the load shouldn't be that high on
a CPU this fast(thought people had run on slower) but I'll investigate
that myself.

btw fwiw I've gotten this running on Gentoo Linux, more than happy to
write up notes for the HOWTO for both mythtv and the ivtv projects.

John