[mythtv-users] mplayer hangs system when playing recording

Ralf Haller ralf at brap.de
Fri May 23 11:18:31 EDT 2003

Hi,

I managed to get mythtv work together with my new PVR 350 capture card.
I recorded some shows, which worked great. When I am trying to play
these recordings with mplayer, my complete systems hangs after some
time. It dosn't hang when I start mplayer with no sound.

Recordings made directly with the PVR card in full PAL resolution don't
show these problems. Playing other movies with mplayer works too.

Has anyone ever experienced this effect? I am using alsa 0.9.3c, but
don't know about the mplayer version right now.

Ralf