[mythtv-users] How to simplify DVD playing

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Fri May 23 02:44:02 EDT 2003

On Thursday 22 May 2003 09:22 pm, Scott Elliott wrote:
> I've been using:
>
>      <action>EXEC DVDCSS_CACHE=/root/.DVDkeys ogle</action>
>

> because ogle has a nice XML file configuration for things like ALSA vs
> OSS, language, full screen mode, etc.,  and you can reconfigure its keys
> to use the same remote control keys that Myth uses.  How well does xine
> or mplayer do this?

Well, I use Xine because of its DVD navigation support.  All of the
keybindings are configurable, but it's very annoying since pretty much every
key is already bound to something by default... so, for instance, if I want
to map "->" to FF, I have to re-map whatever already has "->", and so on down
the line... apparently Xine doesn't allow *no* binding for an action.  D'oh!

How's the DVD navigation in Ogle?

-JAC