[mythtv-users] PixelView PlayTV PVR, anyone able to get this to work?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu May 22 15:42:03 EDT 2003

The post you linked shows a PixelView Play TV Pro card (model #PV-BT878P+),
which lists a Conexant BT878 chipset on the spec sheet.  The model number in
your previous post (PV-CX883PL+) indicates you have a PixelView Play TV PVR
card.  These are not the same; they use different chipsets.  If you look at
the spec sheet on the ProLink USA website
(http://www.prolink-usa.com/english/product/tv-cx883p+.html), you'll see it
lists a Conexant CX23883 chipset for your card.  This chipset is not yet
supported under Linux.  I'd advise getting a different card.

-JAC