[mythtv-users] demuxing .nuv?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu May 22 01:36:28 EDT 2003

Is there an easy way to demultiplex (split into aud/vid files) the .nuv
files?  I'd like to get the file into a format that I can pop into
TMPGEnc (windows, since mencoder doesn't do multipass svcd mpeg at last
check, or let me browser to manually avoid commercials) for svcd
encoding.

Also, what kind of mpeg4 is the mpeg4 encoding in mythtv?  mpeg4 isn't
an established standard yet (though according to a friend at real.com
working with the mpeg group, they're recently established the licensing
fees for it), and there are a number of different things that claim to
be mpeg4.  Hoping there's some windows program that'll be able to play
the video stream if it's been demultiplexed.

-Chris

Oh, and what happens when they start wanting to come around and collect
licensing fees?

PS. sorry for tardy replies to list messages - my IP changed recently
and it seems that the list server is having a hard time becoming aware
of the changes (and hopefully my ISP will fix the reverse DNS for me
soon so my mail server behaves properly, too).