[mythtv-users] Linux Distribution of choice

Andy Stewart andystewart at attbi.com
Wed May 21 21:13:26 EDT 2003

I'm using SuSE 8.0 for mythtv, but in my case, it really doesn't matter since
I'm doing everything in /usr/local and relying very little on packages
supplied by SuSE.

Mythtv and ivtv are all much too new to have been on my SuSE DVD (from last
year).  lirc is on there but the version is too old for the remote for the
Hauppauge 350.  I even installed qt from source since the version which came
with SuSE 8.0 was too old for mythtv.

Some day soon, I may upgrade to SuSE 8.2, but this stuff will still be in
/usr/local for a while.

Later,

Andy

--