[mythtv-users] current CVS - using Composite input

Michael J. Sherman msherman at dsbox.com
Wed May 21 10:33:27 EDT 2003

Hi all.

I've had some bad luck with Myth recently.  Yesterday I was attempting
to improve picture quality for LiveTV, so I adjusted some of the
quality settings in the MPEG4 controls in the setup screens.  That
seemed to work well.  But then I decided to try to adjust contrast and
brightness.  Boy was that a mistake!  I hit 'k' to decrease
brightness, and it all of the sudden dropped to 0% and I could barely
see anything on the screen.  Hitting 'K' failed to increase
brightness.  The same thing happened with the contrast keys, so by the
time I was done trying to "improve" things, it was a completely black
screen with no way to get it back!  And since I use Composite input, I
couldn't find any contrast/brightness settings for it anywhere in the
DB.  I found that each channel has an entry, but where is the
composite in setting found?  I had to wipe my DB and reinstall from
scratch to get it back to normal.

And that's where I'm having an issues now.  I set Composite1 as the
default input, and when I go to "Watch TV" it works fine.  But when a
recording is scheduled to record, it starts recording off of the
Television input!  That's not hooked up, so I get the green
screen/static.  Then when I go back to "Watch TV" after a recording
has tried to start (and I stop it), the input is set to Television, so
I have to hit "C" to get it back to Composite1.  So even though I have
Composite1 chosen as the default input, why does the recording now
insist on trying to record off of the Television input?   Where can I
set that?  I have never seen this problem before.  I just grabbed the
latest CVS last night and am having this issue.

Any tips would be fantastic, as I can't record anything right now, and
my Myth box is kinda pointless without that feature ;).  And yes, it
used to work perfectly until last night, and I did a 'make distclean'
before compiling and completely removed and reinstalled the
mythconverg database.

Thanks!
-Mike

--
Michael J. Sherman  |  Software Developer  |  Digital Sandbox, Inc.
"There are 10 types of people in the world - those who know binary and