[mythtv-users] Linux Distribution of choice

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Wed May 21 16:17:32 EDT 2003

> Van: Chris Petersen <lists at forevermore.net>
>
> > My own experience is that I am fighting with RedHat 9 to get it to do
what I
> > want.
>
> I've had no trouble with rhl9 (once I switched to blackbox instead of
> gnome).  Many people here suggest Mandrake 9.1.

You could try Knoppix, it's a bootable Debian based CD that can be
installed to your harddisk. It has one of the most outstanding hardware
detection known to the linux world. It doesn't know some of the TV-cards
though, since it uses a vanilla kernel with only one patch, to support xfs.

MythTV is developed on Debian, and there are MythTV debs around.

	Henk Poley <><