[mythtv-users] Settings for LARGE television screens (i.e.50+ inches)

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue May 20 23:11:06 EDT 2003

I have a 60" screen, and I also get the best picture with RTJPEG (same
settings as you), with the same large file sizes.  I typically don't mind the
large files, as I don't keep that many shows around.  If I'm going to be away
on vacation, I switch it to MPEG4 for the duration to conserve disk space.  I
actually find MPEG4 480x480 at 3300 scaled pretty tolerable for most of the
shows I watch.  I guess it's a matter of personal preference... I'm more than
happy to sacrifice some picture quality for the convenience of Myth.

-JAC