[mythtv-users] key binding standards?

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Tue May 20 18:05:28 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 20 May 2003 04:17 pm, Chris Petersen wrote:
> > If UI is being looked at, may I suggest looking at TiVo for UI ideas.
>
> I've dealt with a lot of REALLY crappy UI's in the past, and I have to
> say that the new (cvs) myth UI is actually one of the nicest I've ever
> dealt with (aside from some keystroke weirdnesses).  Inconsistency
> between plugins is the biggest problem.
>
> That, and MythMusic.  I'm curious to see the new GUI for it - I'm hoping
> that it resembles iTunes/rhythmbox/sumi - where I can sort by any
> combination of artist/album/genre, or by raw directory...  which is the
> only way I could deal with the 80+ gigs of music I have.  And in case it
> hasn't been added in - I'd really like to request the ability to edit
> the playlist inline (sorting, moving/deleting tracks, etc)...

You can do both of these with the current code, though -- just go into the
settings and change the Tree Sorting setting.  As for editing playlists, you
can't sort things with the current stuff, but moving/deleting's pretty easy.
You can move tracks around in a playlist, or the current queue by just
selecting the track in the list (in the tree). It'll replace the notes icon
with a up/down arrow icon, and then you an move that track around.  Just
select the track again, or hit escape, to get out of move mode.  Deleting's
slightly more complex, in that you have to move a playlist to the current
queue (going through the popup via the playlist name) and then have to remove
tracks through the music tree above..

Isaac