[mythtv-users] key binding standards?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Tue May 20 14:18:33 EDT 2003

If you ask me, yes, but it's too trivial to bother with.  The keyboard
acclerators were an afterthought, so when they were introduced they were
made 'off' by default so as not to upset people used to the old way.  Then I
changed it so that turning keyboard accelerator 'on' also got rid of the
visible buttons (since they became redundant/useless, and the display was
getting crowded since I added a couple of buttons).  Again, I left the
default as 'off' for the accelerators, to avoid complaints of 'where the
heck did my buttons go???'.  In the past it was a pain to change this option
because you needed terminal access, but now that mythmusic has a gui setup,
it's no big deal.  If you want it to default to 'on', you should patch the
SQL file that creates the mythmusic settings table to default that column to
'1'.  Note that this won't change your current setup; use the mythmusic
setup gui for that.  If you're not running the CVS version, you'll need to
edit 'mythmusic-settings.txt'.  Such a patch would only affect people
installing MythMusic for the first time from CVS; in my opinion it's a waste
of time/effort, since the whole point will be moot once the UI revisions are
done.  What *would* make a difference right now is better documentation for
the usage of MythMusic.  Right now it pretty much only covers the playlist
interface.

-JAC