[mythtv-users] key binding standards?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue May 20 01:19:54 EDT 2003

I was messing around in mythmusic (I finally got my machine moved out
into the living room and plugged into my nice tv) and realized that it
doesn't have key mappings for ff/rw, etc...  I then noticed that the ff
button on my remote was sending "right arrow" - the same keystroke as
the right arrow button on my remote.

Anyway, between this and the must-use-spacebar bits of mythmusic, I was
wondering what other people thought about redoing the keystrokes for
much of myth, and then standardizing them for future plugin projects so
we don't run into these differences again.

(this would also allow us to update the gui of mythmusic and remove a
bunch of the track control buttons - since they're just there taking up
space and would be redundant if we had a working keystroke map for
them).

-Chris