[mythtv-users] Unsupress a recording

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Mon May 19 15:11:25 EDT 2003

I'm currently working the kinks out of a patch to allow this behavior --
namely, flagging a single instance of a show for recording even if it is a
duplicate, and also turning off duplicate checking for all instances of a
scheduled recording.

The mechanism is two new columns in the database.  I submitted the patch
once with the caveat that I thought there was a bug in either it or the
general duplicate-checking code, but I've been unable to reproduce the
problem since.  I just need to update to current CVS and test it out on my
box before I re-submit it.  Might not get to that 'till next week, as real
life intrudes!

All that being said, assuming this patch eventually gets committed to CVS,
someone will still need to update the frontend GUI interface to allow the
user to manipulate those settings.  I have a feeling the feature will find
its way into MythWeb first.

-JAC