[mythtv-users] Is agp support necessary

Aran Cox spin at avalon.net
Mon May 19 14:09:09 EDT 2003

The deal is that technically you should have no problem getting AGP to
work with the Nvidia provided linux drivers.... that is if they don't
lock your machine solid.  I have an EP-8RDA+ I bought for running mythtv
on and whenever X starts to load, the system locks solid.  It's been
widely reported on nvnews.net but nvidia doesn't seem to care much.

The other answer is that there is a patch for AGPGART (native Linux AGP
support) for nForce and nForce2 support.

http://etudiant.epita.fr:8000/~nonolk/

The question I would ask you is, if you aren't using Nvidia's driver,
how can you have Xvideo support in the first place?  I can't use
nvidia's drivers with my system because they lock it up, and when I run
using the XFree86 nv driver, xvinfo reports my card as having no xvideo
support.  I would have thought you would be in the same boat when using
the provided XFree86 driver.

Regards,
Aran